Thursday, 23 Nov 06
|Rehearsal / Family Dinner||
St John's Cathedral; Xiao Nan Guo, Causeway Bay
9pm, Executive Rooftop Lounge
L'Hotel, Tin Hau
St John's Cathedral
5-8 Garden Road, Central
St John's / history / location
4pm, Cocktails on the front lawn
5:30pm, Dinner outside the Verandah
The Repulse Bay
Repulse Bay Road, Repulse Bay
location / pictures
Cathay Pacific — my favorite airline, even coach is really nice. they have nonstops from NYC that are wonderful, let me really sleep, and still see 3+ movies! you can get round trips from $1000-1200, and less with specials or from the west coast (note that November is high season visiting time as weather is so nice).
Travelocity — check for benchmarks, then call your airline or travel agent.
** This month's special on Cathay is to Bangkok, but you can stop in Hong Kong, starting at $754 round trip. Check out the special at this link below **
L'Hotel is a beautiful new hotel in Tin Hau, just next to Causeway Bay, HK's shopping and eating center. Just across the street is the Tin Hau bus and MTR (metro) station, and there is also a Tram you can catch right outside that can take you to Causeway Bay in 5 minutes.
** Please call us directly or contact our wedding planner (listed here below) to book rooms and suites at L'Hotel **
Aileen Wu +852 2697-3227, firstname.lastname@example.org
download and fax back the L'Hotel Reservation Form
If you'd like to stay in a nicer hotel, we suggest the Shangri-La, where we should be able to get special rates for you starting at $240/night. If you'd like to be closer to Central or Soho, you could try the more basic Bishop Lei.
The Week Before
20 Nov - 23 Nov 06
- evening receptions at the rooftop lounge at L'Hotel (if there are enough people, we can order food & drink)
- evening movies/documentaries on China in the 40s, 70s, and the present
- day tours around HK (Central, Causeway Bay, Stanley, Peak, TST, Star Ferry, Lantau Island, etc)
HK Tourist Association /
- day trip into Shenzhen (1hr by train, will need PRC visa)
Shenzhen Links (more) / Splendid China (more) /
- day trip into Guangzhou (2hrs by train, will need PRC visa)
Guanghzou Links (more) /
- The Chime-Long circus at the Night Zoo is the best I've ever seen! The Night Zoo showcases animals in their "natural" habitats at night, as if you ran across them in the woods.
Chime Long Circus (more) /
The Week After
26 Nov - 2 Dec 06
- Tour into China for my parents, Liz's family, and whoever else wants to come.
China Map /
- Probably to Guilin and Yangshuo (where Dad, David, Loretta, grew up, and Yangshuo is where GungGung's parents were buried). the Li River from Guilin to Yangshuo is some of the most beautiful scenery in China depicted in chinese paintings with fingerlike mountains shrouded in misty clouds.
Guilin Profile / Guilin Links (pictures1 / pictures2)
- Pararise Yangshuo is a beautiful resort hotel where we can stay. there are also much cheaper places for those that want a more basic experience.
Paradise Yangshuo (more1 / more2)
A U L
P H O T O G R A P H Y
all images © 1995-2006 Paul W.H. Kan
Hong Kong, SAR
People's Republic of China